Printed Separates

IMG_1783 copy IMG_1776 copy copy IMG_1777 copy copy IMG_1805 copy copy IMG_1801 copy copy IMG_1793 copy copy
{Coordinates - Koovs, Bag/Watch - Michael Kors, Scarf - Love Moschino, Earrings/Rings - Forever 21, Sunglasses - Aldo, Shoes - Marks & Spencer}

As a kid, I remember my mom dressing me up in matching co-ordinates and looking back at those pictures in my teenage years, I swore I would never dress up in such dorky outfits ever. But the fate had something else in mind and co-ordinates are back and how! Every store, be it physical or online, is stacking them in solid colors, prints, various silhouettes and what not. And I am myself now smitten with this trend and now own a whole range of matching co-ordinates of crop tops, pants, skirts, jackets and I still want more!

Matching separates is one of the hottest trends of the season. Co-ordinating your whole outfit in tailored separates or casual cropped outfits is the easiest way to sharpen your work attire or liven up your street styling. You can mould the trend to suit your taste and comfort level by either restricting yourself to solid colors or going all out with matching prints like stripes, floral and in my case here, nautical print. You can play with proportions by choosing a crop top with high-waisted bottoms or boxy jackets with pants. I like this trend mostly in crop tops and high waist skirts. It tends to create an illusion of slimmer waist by flaunting the slimmest part of your torso and by showing just a sliver of skin, it keeps the look classy too. Without flashing too much flesh, you can be on-trend and sexy!

It is also the most viable option for holidays! You can wear it as a whole outfit or mix and match the separates to create a whole new range of looks! Having 2-3 such coordinates will let you experiment with your outfits and by just swapping between your coordinates also you can get numerous options! So, go on and try this trend and do share the looks with me on my Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!

xoxo,
Srish



Styling/Content/Post-Production: Srish
Photography: Nisha Singh