Saree Clad

IMG_2832 IMG_2856 IMG_2842 IMG_2847 copy IMG_2846 IMG_2908 IMG_2878 IMG_2918 copy
{Outfit/Clutch - Ridhi Bansal, Earrings - Vinita Michael, Ring - Indiatrend}

The traditional avatar kicks in as soon as the October month hits. There is something about the latter months of the year that just spells festivities. Diwali, dussehra, bhai dooj, etc and a huge pileup of wedding invitations compels us to gravitate towards and experiment more with our ethnic alter ego. I have been doing the same and this month, I have shot mostly indianwear and honestly, it's been a lot of fun! Even though I have no idea how to wrap a saree and drape it gracefully, I sure as hell can twirl around in them! Sarees are a fun way of exploring my roots and my heritage. Once you don this 5 meter long fabric, an automated grace can be noticed in your posture, the way you walk and conduct yourself. It is a nice feeling to get in touch with my feminine side which is usually not so prominent :P

This gorgeous tie-dye saree is by Ridhi Bansal and originally comes with a black blouse but I wanted it to have some color so I decided to style it with a different blouse. The red color looks much more festive, bright and paints a happy picture. Perfect attire to flaunt on the Diwali night, don't you think so?

Location Courtesy: The Perfect Location
Photography: Aman Bhatia
Styling/Content/Post-Production: Srish