French Connection SS13 Collection Review

Visiting FCUK store at Select Citywalk was a mixed experience for us. You will get to know why by the end of this post. 

The new collection at the store was a myriad of prints and colors. An array of prints, stripes, floral, abstract, tropical, fusion, all caught us by surprise. There was so much to play with! The prints were all calling out to us and hence we decided to take on the hot trend of Mixing Prints and create a couple of outfits that would be unique yet wearable in the daily life.

Outfit No.1

042
040

These pants were one of the loudest pieces in the store and while they are one sweet find, styling them could be a little tricky especially if you are taking on the trend of mixing prints. I paired these abstract yet slightly tribal printed pants with a subtle floral print top. The print on the top has pastel colors and does have a slight abstract feel to it. Hence, it goes perfectly with the pants complimenting and toning down it's loud colors at the same time. It's a perfect outfit for a lunch date with your girlfriends, it's comfortable, easy and yet very chic.

Outfit No.2
031a

Okay, it's no secret that I am a big fan of stripes. In my last 10 posts, I am probably wearing stripes in 5 of them, maybe more. So, when I spotted this pretty dress with stripes all over it, I immediately wanted to use it for an outfit. And we have all heard about pairing stripes with block colors or floral prints but I wanted an stripe overdose and hence, I paired the dress with a very summery jute bag with blue stripes. To finish off, I added the tan belt to define my waist and break the monotony of too many stripes. This outfit would be perfect for a picnic or a barbecue party or a mall visit. 

There was so much good stuff in the store and I wanted to style more outfits but we left due to the very unfriendly behavior of the manager and staffs at the store. That did sour the whole experience but I won't lie, the collection was amazing. Do visit the FCUK stores (I would suggest the DLF Promenade and Ambience stores, it has the most helpful staff) and check out the collection, it would be worth it I promise :)