Street Style: Maxi Dress

IMG_1501 copy copy IMG_1510 copy IMG_1511 copy IMG_1531 copy copy IMG_1526 copy
{Maxi Dress - Zara, Bag - Michael Kors, Scarf - Love Moschino, Sunglasses - Paperlilie, Earring/Cuff/Ring - H&M, Shoes - Marks & Spencer}

I was just wondering that the colleges are going to be re-opening soon enough and these street style outfits would be perfect for your first day of college, or even second day or hey, rest of the week too! While styling these street style outfits, I always keep in mind that I am choosing these outfits for the streets of India and not New York. They have to be conservative as well as daring enough for the Indian streets coz hey, you can't really wear short shorts paired with crop tops and roam around in the streets without being ogled upon. If you can, all the more power to you, but I prefer to stay stylish AND safe. I mean, wear what you want, but know what to wear where. You can wear a super short dress to your best friend's bash without giving it a second thought but the same outfit out in the streets might just get you in trouble. 

Anyways, the street rules somewhat applies in college too. You can't wear shorts in college but a crop top baring just a sliver of skin is a-okay! So basically, these street style outfits can double up as inspirations for your college outfits too. The mantra is easy chic.

This maxi is my personal favourite, black and white you see. You can add as much color you want to style this outfit. I styled it in a very easy and understated way by adding a hit of peach lipshade, some colourful earrings from H&M and a colourful scarf tied on my sling bag. That's all the color this outfit needs. I kept my cuff and ring in the same tone and also I kept my shoes white and in block heels so that it's easier to walk around while still looking chic. 

Xoxo,
Srish

Styling/Content/Post-Production: Srish
Photography: Nisha Singh